Thai Agro and Allied Industries Limited (Taiagro) is an agricultural company with Thailand bias, set up to explore and harness the Thai agricultural resources, experiences and opportunities, and to utilize these potentials through technology transfer and mutual partnership (Asia and Africa) to ensure sustainable food security in Nigeria and Africa.
Taiagro focuses on agro opportunities which requires:
- Professional Consultancy in irrigation, land reform, small, medium and large agro projects.
- Agricultural support services and management portfolios.
- Agro trainings and short courses in Thailand for farming groups, students, private sector, groups and Governments.
- Development of farms, small, medium and large.
- Agro investment portfolios.
- Facilitation of agro investment partnership in Thailand.
Brief History of Taiagro
Inspired after their visit to Thailand, the directors of Thai Agro and Allied Industries Limited decided in 2010 to set up a company that should partner with Thailand in developing economy in African nations. This relationship with Thailand is based on some reasons which we believe can help our vision of ensuring sustainable food security. The reasons include:
- Thailand is tropical in climate. This climatic condition is quite similar to the conditions in Nigeria and some parts of Africa. This encouraged us to try out any crop which can grow under the Thai climate condition.
- The agricultural sector of Thailand is a major player in their economical growth. There are a lot to learn from how they have managed to grow economically through agriculture.
- Their farming practices are not very complex. We believe that Nigeria and Africa can adopt and adapt to these practices easily.
Our Vision Statement
to turn our fallow lands in Nigeria and Africa into bread, unlocking its treasures
Our Mission Statement
Thai Agro & Allied Industries exists to build a food secured Nigeria / Africa through setting up farms, training and supporting local farmers with modern technology in partnership with Thailand